SUPPORT THE KENYA CHILDREN PROJECT

$

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hello Mr. Administration...

I've had a quick reminder of the "holistic" nature of this project - not necessarily the direct holistic approach of different aspects of the project, but rather the highs of last week with the children, to the mundane/eye burning nature of the administrative work that is required by such a project. I have sat behind the computer much of the last few days - restructuring our budget according to the recent Management/Executive Committee meetings we have had.

The budget is now complete in US dollars and Kenya Shillings, and has been given to Nancy, the LIA Kenya accountant to be in place for next year. Some difficulty has come to stay within budget, not because of extra costs, but because of the failing US Dollar within the global community. Nevertheless, I believe we have come to a good place, and we have a bit of a buffer in case George Washington and Ben Franklin continue to plummet.

I now have some flat mates, interns from the US through Southeast Christian Church in Louisville who have been working with LIA. They returned from Ethiopia yesterday. So, it's been good to get to know them a bit and hear about their experiences in Kenya and Ethiopia.

I also had the chance to return to Mavuno Church this past weekend and reunite with some old friends. When I get small blocks of time I have tried to get together with friends. My time in Kenya is gradually coming to a close, but I still have a few things to do before leaving. On Thursday I am going to take the interns and a visiting member from the LIA-U.S. board to Jangwani to do some home visits with some of the kids parents.

I am doing well and very encouraged by this visit, and anxious to get back and get more funds raised and committed to the project. Thank you for the continued prayers. Again, I am blessed to be a part of such an amazing work that God is doing.

No comments: